Do you know what you are losing by keeping your employees in-office?
The Global Workplace Analytics research notes that remote workers are usually 11% to 20% more productive than in-office staff when performing creative tasks. When given the flexibility to decide and control when and where they work, employees gain an extra hour of sleep a week. This enables them to become more productive since they become more attentive and alert. Plus, there is also the tendency of people to work longer andmore efficiently when they are satisfied with their working conditions.
When employees are given the option to work outside the office, it gives them the power to control their tasks and thereby giving them a sense of ownership of the tasks assigned to them. This sense of control fosters greater engagement by employees. And this maximizes the productive value of individuals working remotely. Borderless organizations have adopted the ability of the management to maximize the productive value as its core measure of capability.
How can I do that in my company?
Basically, not all your employees have the right predispositions to work at home. Employees who have the ability to do so should be self-motivated, result oriented, self-reliant, excellent communicators and dedicated team players. A remote working assessment on the individual employees will show possible challenges that the remote working team may eventually face. These hindrances mostly arise from the different personalities working and communication styles of the employees.
In order to assess your virtual teams working performance, we use a top class tool that allows us to analyze the team’s performance on five categories and twenty dimensions. This tools enable us to design tailored interventions for the team members and their leaders in order to help improving both the members individual and the teams overall performance.
Yes, but anyways – why should I do that?
Think about it, how many employees did your company lose or failed to hire because the commute distance to and from the office and home was too time consuming? Or for reasons that the working hours couldn’t allow the employee to pick and drop their children to and from school or have a family dinner? Remote working ensures that your employees enjoy a healthy work-life balance, is time saving and keeps the employees satisfied, motivated and therefore more productive and efficient.
What will we help you with during the program?
- We will create the necessary conditions for effective communication.
- We will assist you in building trust and motivating remote workers
- We will ensure that your remote workers are as equally aligned as your in-office workers.
- We will train you on how to use technology appropriately in order to manage and collaborate remote workers.
- We will assist in the creation and maintenance of motivation and work discipline of remote workers.
- We will help you to anticipate and overcome the obstacles to the effective performance of virtual teams.
- We will help you define clear, effective and transparent processes to facilitate effective remote workers engagement.
- We also help you understand and capitalize on the different conditions and cultures of the individual virtual team members.
- Finally, we will help you to monitor and appraise the performance of the remote workers as well as the entire virtual team.
What are the benefits of remote working to your organization?
- Your company employees will be more relaxed and satisfied which in turn will make them more efficient.
- Because of the reduction of the extent of your employee selection criteria, your organization will have a higher talent retention ratio which will enable you access to a larger pool of experts.
- Your organization will achieve fast improvements in the management of remote workers and this giving greater effectiveness to the virtual teams.
- There will be better communication and higher levels of collaboration in the virtual environment.
- Your organization employees will achieve higher levels of cooperation and teamwork within virtual team.
- The organization will observe improved problem solving methods in both the in-office and remote worker teams.